- To begin, if your cruise originates in the United States and does not stop in any other countries, you do not need a passport.
- These might include UnCruise (or other small ship) cruises in Alaska, Hawaii, and the Pacific Northwest that operate entirely within U.S.
- waters, as well as the Hawaii sailings offered by Norwegian Cruise Line, which depart from Honolulu and sail roundtrip to the Hawaiian islands.
- Cruises That Do Not Demand a Passport as a Prerequisite Itinerary for a round-trip to Alaska departing from San Francisco or Seattle
- Round-trip airfare from New York City to Canada and New England
- Round-trip to the Caribbean departing from either Fort Lauderdale or New York
- Itinerary consisting of a roundtrip from either Los Angeles or San Francisco to Hawaii
- A journey through Mexico departing from either Los Angeles or San Francisco
Do you need a passport for a cruise to the Bahamas?
- On a cruise using a closed-loop system, U.S.
- citizens will not be required to have a passport.
- In order for the voyage to be considered a closed-loop cruise, it must fulfill a number of prerequisite conditions.
- The ports that can be visited on this voyage are limited to those in Canada, Mexico, Bermuda, the Bahamas, or the Caribbean.
- When you take a cruise to the Bahamas, the normal need of having a passport to enter the country is waived.
Do you need a passport for a cruise to Canada?
Even on cruises with a closed-loop system, it is possible that you will require a passport in order to visit certain ports, even if you do not need your passport to enter any of the other ports or for the trip in general. The ideal vacation for fall foliage enthusiasts is a cruise through Canada and New England.
Can you go on a Caribbean cruise without a passport?
You are permitted to go to the Caribbean on a closed-loop cruise, also known as a cruise that begins and concludes at the same U.S. port, as long as you have both an original birth certificate and a state-issued identification card. For example, your driver’s license. If you do not have a passport, you will need both of these papers in order to travel outside of the country.
Can I go on a cruise without a passport 2021?
You do not need a passport if you are a citizen of the United States and you take a cruise that is considered to have a closed loop. This type of cruise means that it begins and ends at a port in the United States. U.S. citizens will be required to furnish the following items in order to participate on ″closed-loop″ cruises: A ticket to board the plane. A picture from the government I.D.
Can you cruise to the Bahamas without a passport?
If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to go to The Bahamas on a ″closed-loop cruise,″ which is a cruise that begins and ends at the same port. Instead, you will be required to provide further evidence of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate and a picture identification card issued by the government.
Can I get off the cruise ship in Mexico without a passport?
- When embarking on a cruise to Mexico, regardless of the traveler’s country or point of departure, they are strongly urged to bring a passport that is still valid with them at all times.
- Proof of citizenship other than a passport is acceptable for US residents traveling to Mexico on closed-loop cruises, which begin and terminate at the same US port.
- These cruises are considered ″closed-loop″ cruises.
Do you need passport for Panama Canal cruise?
If your cruise is not a closed-loop and you board the ship in San Diego, for example, on a one-way Panama Canal trip to Ft. Lauderdale, you will require a passport to enter the United States.
Can I cruise to Haiti without a passport?
Every traveler, including U.S. and Canadian citizens, must present a valid passport in order to enter or re-enter the United States by any of its three land, air, or sea ports of entry.
Do you need a passport for a cruise to Jamaica?
When going to Jamaica, citizens of the United States are often needed to provide a valid passport issued by their home country in addition to evidence that they have plans to leave the island nation. You are permitted to use any other document that satisfies the requirements of the Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative (WHTI) if you are going to Jamaica on a cruise.
Do all cruises require a passport?
When Sailing to or From a Port Outside the United States, You Need a Passport. If you are a citizen of the United States and your cruise embarks or disembarks in a foreign nation, including Canada, you are required to have your passport with you at all times while on the trip (in some cases a passport card will suffice).
Can you cruise to Bermuda without a passport?
Since Bermuda is its own sovereign nation, traveling there from any other country constitutes international travel; hence, just as with any other type of foreign travel, you will be required to provide a valid passport in order to enter the country.
Which Caribbean island Can I visit without a passport?
- If you have an ID that was granted by a state, flying to Puerto Rico, which is a U.S.
- territory and a popular destination in the Caribbean, is about as straightforward as flying to any other state.
- citizens do not need a passport to visit the island, and as of the 10th of March, domestic tourists do not need to provide proof of vaccination or a negative coronavirus test in order to enter the country.
Do you need a passport for Aruba?
Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements You are required to have the following items with you when you arrive in Aruba: a passport from the United States that is valid for the duration of your stay; a completed Embarkation and Disembarkation Card (ED-Card); and a ticket to either your next destination or back home.
Do you need a passport to go to Turks and Caicos?
Entry, Exit and Visa Requirements Both entering and leaving the country need a current passport. For the most up-to-date information on visa requirements, please visit the website of the Turks and Caicos Immigration Department. The United States passport center that is the most convenient for expedited applications is in Nassau, which is in The Bahamas.
Can you go on a cruise to Cozumel without a passport?
Also, United States residents traveling a closed-loop cruise do not need a passport, but they do need to bring evidence of citizenship in the form of a government-issued identification card, birth certificate, or something similar. Along with the other documents, you need to present your passport.
Do you need passport for cruise to Puerto Rico?
- Because Puerto Rico is a Commonwealth of the United States, it is not necessary for United States residents to present a passport when traveling there or to the islands that are immediately next to it, such as Vieques and Culebra.
- The United States Virgin Islands are another part of the Caribbean that belong to the United States and can be visited by American residents even if they do not have a passport.
Do you need a passport to go to Cozumel?
- To visit Cozumel, you are need to have a passport, although it’s quite probable that you won’t need a visa.
- A valid passport is required of you in order to spend any amount of time on the island of Cozumel (as you would visiting any other destination in Mexico).
- The only people who are exempt from this rule are those who are embarking on a cruise that begins and ends at the same port in the United States.