- The summer cruise season in Alaska begins in the middle of May and lasts until the middle of September.
- Read on for additional information once you’ve had a chance to peruse our fast suggestions for selecting the ideal time to cruise Alaska.
- Rates that are reduced during the shoulder season, increased availability because there are not as many people going, and weather that is gradually getting warmer.
Is May a good time to go on an Alaska cruise?
- There are some cruises that start as $100 per day, but due to the high demand for Alaska cruises and the competitive nature of reservations, even May cruises aren’t always a sure bet for having available space if you don’t book in early.
- Some cruises have costs as low as $80 per day.
- May is the least likely month of the cruise season in Alaska to have precipitation, with only a 25 percent probability of precipitation.
How long is the Alaska cruise season for cruisers?
Please check our page that is kept up to date and looks at what cruisers need to know about the coronavirus if you are looking for the most recent information. The month of May marks the beginning of the Alaska cruise season, which lasts until the end of September. However, not all Alaska cruises are made equal.
Is August a good time to go to Alaska?
Pricing: Since August marks the conclusion of the peak season for Alaska cruises, you can anticipate full pricing for the most part. However, towards the end of the month, you could start to see some offers creeping in. Because there is a greater than 50 percent possibility of precipitation in the month of August, you should anticipate that some parades will be interrupted by the rain.
When is the best time to sail the Gulf of Alaska?
If you are particularly susceptible to motion sickness, you should give some thought to the fact that sailings in the Gulf of Alaska, particularly those that take place in the latter half of August and the first half of September, may encounter some rough seas in the Gulf of Alaska portion of the journey. More time at sea departing from the Western Coast.