When taking a cruise to Nassau in the Bahamas, a trip to see the world-famous swimming pigs of the Bahamas has to to be on the top of the list of things to do there.Make reservations for a day trip from Nassau to Exuma with Bahamas Air Tours so that you and your family may swim with wild pigs at Pig Beach.Your cruise ship will pick you up at the Nassau Cruise Port and return you there before you set sail again when you book a private tour.
What are the cruise ports in the Bahamas?
Nassau, located on New Providence Island, and Freeport, located on Grand Bahama Island, are the two major cruise ports in the Bahamas.Within a short walking distance of the harbor, the city of Nassau has a wealth of attractions and activities for visitors to enjoy.However, in order to visit most of Freeport’s attractions, cruise ship guests are required to either organize a shore excursion or hire a cab.
What are the best things to do in the Bahamas?
If you are the type of cruise passenger who enjoys visiting remote locations, you will be pleased to learn that there are several breathtaking private islands located in close proximity to the port that are available for shore excursions.Visitors are invited to discover the breathtaking underwater environment of the Bahamas with activities such as scuba diving, snorkeling, semi-submarine rides, and glass-bottom boats.
What do you do on Bahama cruise?
- This includes activities like as sailing, snorkeling, scuba diving, and fishing, as well as interactions with marine mammals such as sea lions, dolphins, pigs, and stingrays (yes, swimming pigs).
- Other cruise ship activities include things like glass-bottom and jet boat rides, sailings on catamarans that include snorkeling at reefs, deep-sea fishing, and exclusive beach days with private cabanas.
How can I spend a day in Nassau Bahamas?
What to do in Nassau Bahamas
- Go have a look at the deserted lighthouse.
- Enjoy Some Fun in the Sun at the Aquaventure Waterpark.
- Beaches in Nassau are high on the list of things to do on a day trip to the city.
- Visit the distillery owned by John Watling.
- Take a plane ride on a tour that goes from Nassau to Pig Beach
- Visit the Pirates of Nassau Museum if you have the chance.
- Visit the local Straw Market to do some Shopping
What is the best time to go on a cruise to the Bahamas?
The conclusion is that January is the ideal time for a cruise to the Bahamas. The Bahamas are a wonderful place to go on a cruise at any time of the year; but, during the months of June through early November, when hurricane season is in full swing, you need take extra precautions.
Can you walk from Nassau cruise port to Atlantis?
Once your ferry has docked, it will take you around ten minutes to walk to the entrance of Atlantis and the Marina Village.
Can you walk to beach from Nassau port?
- The beach that is most convenient for accessing the Nassau Cruise Port is Junkanoo Beach.
- You can go there on foot, and the route takes you through a pleasant street lined with businesses and hotels, so you won’t have to worry about your safety.
- After disembarking and leaving the harbor (which involves walking a fair distance down the pier and through the marketplace), take a right turn and go in a westerly direction.
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Given that many tourists (especially those getting off cruise ships) only have so much time to explore Nassau, the fact that the city is tiny and easy to navigate in a single day is quite useful. As the Atlantis Resort is where the trip begins, guests staying at any of the other hotels on Paradise Island will also benefit greatly from participating in this walking tour.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Walking alone after sunset is not a good idea, especially in areas that have limited lighting and are typically abandoned, such as streets and beaches. Nightclubs and music establishments provide visitors the opportunity to experience local culture; nevertheless, tourists should limit their exploration to highly frequented areas and go in groups wherever possible.
Is it worth getting off the ship in Nassau?
Because the ship is parked in Nassau, passengers do not have to wait for tenders in order to disembark; hence, it is quite convenient to disembark, do some exploring ashore, and then return to the ship. Visit the straw market in Nassau while you’re there. When you get to this location, you really must do this. When you get off the pier, you should make a right turn and then walk down to it.
Can you get off a cruise ship without an excursion in Nassau?
One of the cruise ports that is considered to be safe enough to visit without pre-booking any kind of excursion is Nassau. You don’t need to plan an excursion if you’re trying to keep your cruise costs down (or if you just want to put that money toward anything else).
Does it rain all day in Nassau Bahamas?
- The weather starts to feel more like a tropical climate around May.
- Temperatures in the morning and evening are typically in the low 70s, while the midday average temperature is 86 degrees Fahrenheit.
- May to November is considered to be the official rainy season.
- Even if there is a good chance that it won’t rain for more than a day or two (or even at all), you should still bring an umbrella and a lightweight waterproof jacket.
Do I need a passport to take a cruise to the Bahamas?
If you are a citizen of the United States, you do not need a passport to go to The Bahamas on a ″closed-loop cruise,″ which is a cruise that begins and ends at the same port. Instead, you will be required to provide further evidence of your citizenship, such as a birth certificate and a picture identification card issued by the government.
Is it too cold to swim in the Bahamas in February?
Even though February in the Bahamas is considerably cooler than the summer months, the water temperature is still considered to be rather warm due to the fact that the Bahamas are located above the equator. On the other hand, some people may find the water to be too cool for their liking, in which case they should not enter the water unless they are wearing a wet suit.
Is Atlantis in Nassau free?
The yachts in the marina are some of the prettiest I’ve ever seen. Atlantis at no cost to you! Although we’d been to Nassau three times before, this was the first time we’d ever gone to Paradise Island. I believe that we came out ahead of the game without having to pay for the extremely pricey tours to Atlantis.
How much is an excursion to Atlantis?
Cruise line pricing comparison
|Carnival:||Half-Day (2.5 Hours) – Adult: $59.99|
|Celebrity:||Half-Day (2.5 Hours) – Adult: $49.99 | Child: $49.99|
|Disney:||Half-Day (4 to 6 Hours) – Discover Atlantis with Beach Day starting at $98.00 (adult) | Child under 3 (Free) | Child (age 3 to 9) $82.00|
How much is a taxi from Nassau to Atlantis?
To go from Nassau Airport (NAS) to Atlantis Paradise Island as quickly as possible, hire a cab, which will run you between $60 and $75 and take around 15 minutes.