- When taking a cruise to Nassau in the Bahamas, a trip to see the world-famous swimming pigs of the Bahamas has to to be on the top of the list of things to do there.
- Make reservations for a day trip from Nassau to Exuma with Bahamas Air Tours so that you and your family may swim with wild pigs at Pig Beach.
- Your cruise ship will pick you up at the Nassau Cruise Port and return you there before you set sail again when you book a private tour.
What to do on a cruise stopover Bahamas?
- Activities to Participate in During Your Stopover in Nassau, Bahamas Pay a Trip to the Atlantis Resort and Explore Downtown Nassau Spend some time window shopping in the Straw Market.
- Visit some sandy locales.
- Examine the Outstanding Structures Found in Rawson Square and Parliament Square Take a look around the Governor’s Mansion.
- Pay a Visit to One of the Forts Located on the Island Ascend The Stairway to the Queen’s Apartment
Where are the best places to shop in Nassau?
The Bay Street shopping section of Nassau is located within walking distance of the cruise ship pier, but a short taxi journey will take you to a few secret shopping locations in the city. Festival Place is an open-air market located in close proximity to the cruise port. It features 45 different exhibitors offering a variety of goods, including food and beverages.
What is near Nassau port?
- Best Attractions in the Area Surrounding Nassau’s Cruise Port The museum of the Bahamas Historical Society. Photograph shown with permission of the Bahamas Historical Society Museum.
- The Bahamas’ National Art Gallery.
- There is the Christ Church Cathedral
- Junkanoo Beach.
- Conservation Center and Zoo of Ardastra Gardens
- The Nassau Pirates.
- The Staircase to the Queen
- Junkanoo Expo
Should I get off the ship in Nassau?
- Get leave the ship as soon as possible.
- As soon as the ship has pulled into port, you need to disembark as quickly as you can.
- The port of Nassau is quite busy, and on any given day, there may be as many as five different ships docking there.
- This indicates that there will be at least 20,000 passengers arriving on the island all at the same time.
Get up and about early so you can beat the throng to the beach as well as the stores.
Can you walk to beach from Nassau port?
- The beach that is most convenient for accessing the Nassau Cruise Port is Junkanoo Beach.
- You can go there on foot, and the route takes you through a pleasant street lined with businesses and hotels, so you won’t have to worry about your safety.
- After you have disembarked and left the port (which involves a bit of a hike down the pier and through the marketplace), turn right and continue in the western direction.
How far is the beach from the cruise port in Nassau?
- Cable Beach is the location.
- About six miles to the west of the Nassau Cruise Port is where you’ll find Cable Beach, which is located on the main island of Providence.
- You may take a cab there from your terminal, which is Prince George’s Wharf, and arrive there in around 20 minutes.
- There is a fee of $6 for each participant to take this tour that travels around the shore of the northern part of Nassau.
How do I spend a day in Nassau?
What to do in Nassau Bahamas
- Go have a look at the deserted lighthouse.
- Enjoy Some Fun in the Sun at the Aquaventure Waterpark.
- The beaches of Nassau are a must-see during your one day in the city.
- Visit the distillery owned by John Watling.
- Take a plane ride on a tour that goes from Nassau to Pig Beach
- Visit the Pirates of Nassau Museum if you have the chance.
- Visit the local Straw Market to do some Shopping
Can you walk around Nassau Bahamas?
Given that many tourists (especially those getting off cruise ships) only have so much time to explore Nassau, the fact that the city is tiny and easy to navigate in a single day is quite useful. As the Atlantis Resort is where the trip begins, guests staying at any of the other hotels on Paradise Island will also benefit greatly from participating in this walking tour.
Can you leave cruise ship without excursion?
It is not often necessary to make reservations for a beach excursion in order to get ashore and discover a port of call. You may easily disembark the ship on foot, make your way into town on foot, or hail a taxi to take you wherever it is you need to go.
Is Nassau cruise port safe?
- The World Travel and Tourism Council recognized Nassau Cruise Port as a ″Safe Travels″ partner and awarded it with a certification (WTTC).
- This internationally recognized certificate signifies that NCPL has embraced globally defined health and hygiene practices to safeguard the safety of its workers as well as visitors to Nassau.
- The designation was awarded by the World Health Organization (WHO).
Can cruise ships passengers go to Atlantis?
Only paying visitors are permitted access to the huge Atlantis Resort and all of its features. Atlantis requires cruise guests who will only be in Nassau for the day to either purchase a day ticket or organize a shore excursion through their cruise company in order to visit the resort.
What can you do for free at Atlantis?
There are a variety of free activities available to guests of the Atlantis resort, including watching a film in the theater, seeing marine life in the resort’s lagoons, and enjoying the exhibitions and water slides at Aquaventure. In the casino, there are dozens of gaming tables and hundreds of slot machines, and many times each week, training are offered on site on how to play these games.
Is Paradise beach in Bahamas free?
The good news is that there is still free public access to the beach; the bad news is that it requires a little bit of hiking to get there.
Does it rain all day in Nassau Bahamas?
- It has been raining, although not continuously throughout the day each day.
- After a short period of rain, the sky clears up and the sun comes back out.
- In addition to this, it doesn’t pose much of a problem because there are times when the sky is cloudy but the sun is still shining at the same time.
- You shouldn’t worry too much about the weather right now because there is a good chance that it won’t rain during your vacation.
What should I avoid in the Bahamas?
Walking alone after sunset is not a good idea, especially in areas that have limited lighting and are typically abandoned, such as streets and beaches. Nightclubs and music establishments provide visitors the opportunity to experience local culture; nevertheless, tourists should limit their exploration to highly frequented areas and go in groups wherever possible.
Is the beach at Atlantis free?
It is possible to walk and swim at no cost on any of the islands’ beaches in the Bahamas. It is a question of availability. There is a public access way that can be found to the right or east of the Riu hotel next door, which allows anyone who are not guests at Atlantis or who are staying at Comfort Suites or Harborside to access the beaches of Atlantis.
What is the prettiest beach in the Bahamas?
- The Bahamas are home to some of the world’s most beautiful beaches, including: Big Major Cay (Pig Beach), Exuma
- Long Island’s Santa Maria Beach, Cape Santa Maria
- Great Guana Cay, Abaco.
- Kamalame Cay Beach, Andros.
- Beach with Pink Sands, located on Harbour Island
- Fernandez Bay, located on the island of Cat
- The French Leave Beach, also known as Club Med Beach, is located on Eleuthera.
- The beach at Cabbage Point on Paradise Island